BOARD TALK
The fastest growing tennis discussion forum on the planet.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370
JesuslookslikeBorg Offline
Grand Slam Champion

Likes Given: 337
RE: Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370
looks like they're almost 100% sure the surfboard size lump of barnacle encrusted wing is from the missing jet.

knowing me alan partridge, knowing you tennis frontier..ah ha.
(This post was last modified: 05-Aug-2015 04:06 PM by JesuslookslikeBorg.)
05-Aug-2015 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Kirijax Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 896
Hate airplanes. Hate 'em. That includes airports, American airport security, baggage claim, passports, customs, crap airplane food, earphones, that ear-splitting whoosh when you flush the airplane commode, lost baggage claim lines, tired-old-grumpy American stewardesses, the peanut bag tease (just a sample, never enough), everything. There is absolutely nothing good, fun or redeemable about air travel.

[Image: imageedit_5_7890556726a_zpsigv0fbdw.jpg] Mark your spot on the Tennis Frontier map!
05-Aug-2015 04:12 PM
[-] The following 2 users Like Kirijax's post:
1972Murat (08-07-2015), Broken_Shoelace (08-06-2015)
GameSetAndMath Offline
Potential GOAT

Likes Given: 2,366
(05-Aug-2015 04:12 PM)Kirijax Wrote:  Hate airplanes. Hate 'em. That includes airports, American airport security, baggage claim, passports, customs, crap airplane food, earphones, that ear-splitting whoosh when you flush the airplane commode, lost baggage claim lines, tired-old-grumpy American stewardesses, the peanut bag tease (just a sample, never enough), everything. There is absolutely nothing good, fun or redeemable about air travel.

Used to enjoy it several years ago when

a. there were not security issues (pre 9/11 days).
b. even prior to that when customer was the king airlines used to try to please them.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference" - Mark Twain
05-Aug-2015 11:45 PM
Kieran Offline
Running around the backhand...

Likes Given: 7,076
(05-Aug-2015 04:12 PM)Kirijax Wrote:  Hate airplanes. Hate 'em. That includes airports, American airport security, baggage claim, passports, customs, crap airplane food, earphones, that ear-splitting whoosh when you flush the airplane commode, lost baggage claim lines, tired-old-grumpy American stewardesses, the peanut bag tease (just a sample, never enough), everything. There is absolutely nothing good, fun or redeemable about air travel.

I love it! I love airports, planes, air hostesses, and sitting around the terminal watching people, wondering where they're off to, then having a cappuccino in butlers while checking my docs and book, then boarding, smiling at the pretty hostesses, sitting and waiting. Reading a book, looking out the window at the clouds. Only thing I don't like is the landing. I always feel they'll nose down too suddenly and we'll fireball our way down the tarmac.

Oh, and I dislike when the fecker in the seat in front just arbitrarily decides to recline. I'm tall, so they get severely sharp knees in their back for their trouble. That's the only thing. There should be an etiquette, or protocol regarding this uncivilised, anti-social behaviour. Otherwise, I love it.

I hate flying home, though... Popcorn

Approved
(This post was last modified: 06-Aug-2015 04:02 AM by Kieran.)
06-Aug-2015 04:02 AM
Kirijax Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 896
(06-Aug-2015 04:02 AM)Kieran Wrote:  

I love it! I love airports, planes, air hostesses, and sitting around the terminal watching people, wondering where they're off to, then having a cappuccino in butlers while checking my docs and book, then boarding, smiling at the pretty hostesses, sitting and waiting. Reading a book, looking out the window at the clouds. Only thing I don't like is the landing. I always feel they'll nose down too suddenly and we'll fireball our way down the tarmac.

Oh, and I dislike when the fecker in the seat in front just arbitrarily decides to recline. I'm tall, so they get severely sharp knees in their back for their trouble. That's the only thing. There should be an etiquette, or protocol regarding this uncivilised, anti-social behaviour. Otherwise, I love it.

I hate flying home, though... Popcorn

Exactly. Every time the plane lands safely, I feel relieved and I think we were lucky to land safely.

[Image: imageedit_5_7890556726a_zpsigv0fbdw.jpg] Mark your spot on the Tennis Frontier map!
06-Aug-2015 06:12 AM
1972Murat Offline
Multiple Slam Winner

Likes Given: 2,174
I hate flying, always have, always will. For me, every plane crashes...if they don't it is a miracle. I am a total theist while flying. I pray to every god possible. As soon as we land, god gets the finger and I don't care...

What was that joke about the Wright brother's first flight? Orville said to Wilbur " Man, you were in the air only for 15 seconds, what do you mean my luggage is in Amsterdam???" Snicker

(This post was last modified: 07-Aug-2015 06:48 PM by 1972Murat.)
07-Aug-2015 06:47 PM
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1972Murat's post:
Kirijax (08-07-2015)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)